Thursday, March 8, 2012

St. Patrick's Day Decorating Fun

Hello friends!  It's Wednesday Thursday.....but for some reason it feels like a Friday to me.....which is weird.....but otherwise good.....

How are ya'll doing?  I hope your week is going well :)

Yesterday I put the finishing touches on my St. Patrick's Day Decor and I really like how it turned out.....it was easy to put together, cheap, and turned out cute.....what else could I want?

The funny thing is.....I used to be one of those people who NEVER decorated for holidays (except Christmas)....and I think I might have even said a couple hundred times that I would never decorate for holidays.....

But here I am.....decorating for the holidays.....and I have to say......it's FUN!!  And really that's about it.....it's fun.....so why not do it?  BUT....I do have some rules that I follow for all holidays except Christmas.....1) Keep it simple 2) Keep it cheap 3) Only do it if it brings you joy (ok....that one applies to Christmas too).....

SO....enough with the rambling.....and on to the pics......

Here is my little St. Patrick's Day Mantle.....


And here's a couple up close pics.....

First....my cute framed St Patrick's Day printable......


I found the printable on Pinterest and you can find it HERE.  This website also has tons of other cute printables and they are all FREE :)

So to bring it all together.....I just printed out the printable....used some green wrapping paper to make a background....and then used some double sided tape to hold it all in place (I already had the picture frame.....found it on clearance for $6 at  Hobby Lobby a few weeks ago....SCORE!!)....

And here's a look at the centerpiece.....a big Shamrock....


I found this at HomeGoods a few weeks ago....it was originally a placement on sale for $2.50....but with the addition of a ribbon.....it became the focal point for my little mantle.....

And here's a look at the Pot of Gold....


Yes.....I added a little "gold" of my own.....Yuuummmmm Ghiradelli!!  The gold coins just weren't quite doing it for me.....LOL.....

And here's a look at the "flowers" up close....with a little deco mesh mixed in to give them some "pop"!!


AND OF COURSE.....I had to have something for my front door.....so I put together a cute little St. Patty's Day wreath.....


And here's an up close look at the "Blessing"....


And here's a few more pics.....just because I love it so much.....  :)


AND......my front stoop wouldn't be complete without some St Patrick's Day pumpkins....

And now you are thinking that I've LOST MY MIND.....ummmm.....pumpkins??  Well.....we've kept these lovelies since Halloween last year....ha!  And we've just been changing them up for each holiday!  SO....now it's kind of become a "thing" to see how long we can keep them going.....

I would have thought they would have rotted by now.....but nope.....here they are in all their St. Patricks Day glory!


And here is look at the whole picture.....


And yes....that's my precious little angel standing at the window....being really unhappy because Mommy wouldn't let her come outside too :)

And here's a BIG picture look.....


Ahhh....so happy with my little green decor :)

Soooo....anyone else out there decorating for St. Patrick's Day?  I'd love to see what all you're up too!!  Please do share!!

AND....if anyone is interested in how to make the wreath....I'll put up a tutorial on that in a day or two....

Well.....I've gotta run....

Until next time....

XOXO-
Kristal

I'm Sharing Here.....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...