Thursday, March 29, 2012

Spring Vignette Sneak Peak ;)

Hello friends!!  I hope that all is going well and you are coasting into the weekend ;)

So....I'm just now starting to put together my Spring Vignette.....and even though it's not even April yet....I still feel like I'm behind somehow....

Possibly b/c I intended to make a Spring / Easter Vignette and Easter is now essentially a week away.....gah....I think I'll blame it on Spring Break....yeah....pretty sure that must be what put me behind :)

And while I'm confessing.....I guess I might as well get it all out.....

SO....here are my confessions for the day....and no.....I'm not Catholic.......

1) I ate 3.....yes.....3.....donuts this morning.........oh wow.....that's bad!!  Shhhh......Don't tell anyone....k......

2) I just took down my St Patrick's Day inside decor......ummmmm.......yesterday.....

3) I still have my St. Patrick's Day wreath hanging on my front door.....oh yeah.....and the pumpkins are still out there too......

4) The mini mailboxes that I made for Valentines Day are still sitting in my living room waiting to be put away.....

5) My house is a mess......and I have loads of laundry waiting to be done.....

WHEW.....ok......I think that's enough for now......

I'm afraid if I tell you much more, then you all might not want to be my friend anymore :)  LOL!!

So....you know.....instead of working on any of the above.....I decided that the Spring Vignette must come first.....don't judge me.....k......

So.....here's a little sneak peak.....

It all started with this.....


I found this Apothecary jar at Home Goods for $10!!  Score!!  I really liked the curvature of the sides.....just lovely......

And as soon as I saw it, I knew what I would use it for.....so next I picked up some of this.......


Floral moss....I found this at the Dollar Tree.....for.....yep....you guessed it......a dollar! 

And I already had these cuties.....


I got the nests at the Williams Sonoma / Pottery Barn / Pottery Barn Kids Outlet in San Marcos on sale for about $4.....and yes.....that outlet mall is absolutely awesome!!

BUT.....I needed one more thing.....some little eggs for my nest.....and I found something that works perfectly!!


Oh yeah....and they taste good too.....

AND.....when you put it all together....you get the start of my little Spring Vignette.......so just for you....here's a sneak peak :)


And here's a couple close ups......



And just one more of the whole picture.....


SO....are ya'll decorating for Spring?  What is your theme?  I'd love to hear what you guys have planned!!  I'm always looking for ideas....

Oh yeah.....and if my confessions made you feel a little better about yourself today.....then mission accomplished!!  Because.....what I know is......that we all have it together sometimes.....and none of us have it together all the time!!  So.....if today is your "got it all together day"......then ENJOY!!!

Until next time....

XOXO-
Kristal

I'm linking up here.....

6 comments:

Thrifty Crafty Girl said...

Your confessions didn't make me feel better about myself... they made me question whether or not you and I were twins separated at birth. :)

Thanks for visiting my blog! I'm happily following you!

Kelly @ View Along the Way said...

That is way WAY too cute. Totally charming! I feel like if I were you, I'd just smile every time I walk by it. :)

sell my house said...

Hello Kristal!Hope you are fine and yes,all are going well.I always enjoy your post.Love your feature.
sell my house

Kristal @ Engineering Life and Style said...

Thrifty Craft Girl-

LOL!! You are too funny!! :)


Glad to know I'm not the only one!!


And SO excited that you're a new blog follower!! That made my day!! I'm following you now too :)


I hope you have a wonderful day....


Looking forward to reading more on your blog....


Kristal

Kristal @ Engineering Life and Style said...

Kelly @ A View Along the Way-

It wouldn't let me send you an email :(

So...hopefully you'll see this....

You are SO right...it makes me happy every time I see it...which is the whole reason I do any of this decorating stuff anyway...

Kristal

Kristal @ Engineering Life and Style said...

Sell My House-

Thanks SO much!!

Kristal

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...