Monday, March 26, 2012

Mealtime Monday.....Delicious and Easy Southwest Salsa

Hello friends!!  I hope you all had a great weekend!!  We definitely did.....more to come on that later ;)

We've been traveling and enjoying having my parents all to ourselves during their spring break!!  So....I haven't had a lot of time for the old blog over the past few days.....but as usual....I missed you guys!!  So....it's time to get back in the game....but to keep things easy.....I thought I would share something simple, but awesome today.....

So.....how about a DELICIOUS and oh SO EASY salsa recipe!!  YUM!!  I LOOOOVE a good salsa!!

BUT....I've struggled over the years to find a salsa recipe that is not only good, but also easy to make.....well.....until now.....

So....we were having a Girls Night Out (except we stayed in) a few weeks ago and our (awesome) host made us this great salsa....and I was thinking that it was probably really hard to make....so I almost didn't even ask for the recipe......

But.....luckily I did.....

And I made it the other night.....and it was so, so, so good!!!

Here's a pic with it all made and ready for a delicious dinner....


And here's the "how to"......

Start with some very simple ingredients.....


Except.....oooops....you need to use ground cumin.....I did catch this before I put it all together.....but not before I took this pic :)

Chop up the onion.....

And then just use your handy dandy food chopper to mix everything together.....


And soon you'll have some DELICIOUS salsa!!  Here's another pic.....


Yuuuummmmmm!!

And here are the recipe specifics......

Southwest Salsa
Recipe by Roxie Harris (Scottsdale, AZ) and printed in Southern Living Magazine in January 2011.

Ingredients
    1     Can (14.5 oz) of diced tomatoes and green chiles
    5     Pickeled jalapeno pepper slices (I omitted these)
    1/4  Cup firmly packed fresh cilantro leaves (I used freeze dried)
    1/4  Cup chopped red onion
    1     TBSP fresh lime juice
    1/4  tsp ground cumin
    1/4  tsp garlic powder
    1/4  tsp dried crushed red pepper
    1/4  tsp salt

Prep Directions
Drain liquid from tomatoes reserving 1 TBSP of the liquid (discard the remainder of the liquid).
Place reserved liquid, tomatoes, and next 8 ingredients into a food processor.
Pulse food processor 5 or 6 times or until you reach desired consistency.
Cover and chill salsa 1 to 24 hours before serving.
Garnish with fresh cilantro if desired, serve with tortilla chips.

The recips will make approximately 2 cups of salsa.  Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.

Seriously....it is SO easy to make....and SO delicious!!

Enjoy!!

Until next time....

XOXO-
Kristal

I'm linking up here.....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...