Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Cute, Easy, and Inexpensive Valentines Day Treats for Classmates

Happy Valentines Day friends!!  Are you all feeling the LOVE today?  I certainly hope so :)

We don't actually celebrate Valentines Day like most folks.....it's been a long standing "soap box" of the Hubs that this is a commercial holiday.....and therefore not to be celebrated.......

And to that I say BOOOOO!!  But just because he doesn't want to celebrate.....doesn't mean that he can stop the rest of us!!  Ha!!  I already told you guys about our Valentines Day Mailboxes HERE......and even the Hubs cracked a smile when he found out that he had Valentines in his box :)

Of course, we do always do something for our little girl on Valentines Day.....there is just no way to resist celebrating our love for that little cutie pie!!

And then there is the Valentines party at our daughters "school" (Mother's Day Out).....Oh Man.....I have always loved a school holiday party.....this goes WAY back to elementary school for me.....I looked forward to those little school parties SO much....

SO.....I can't help but still feel like a kid whenever I hear they are having a school party.....

SO.....I had to come up with something sweet for Kali to give to the little Valentines in her class.....

AND.....I decided to keep it simple.....so I went with two things that Kali loves.....Bubbles and Balloons!!  And then added a precious little card and "boom" we had our sweet little Valentine treat......

So....here is what we ended up with.....


And here are the details.....

It all started with a precious little Shutterfly card featuring my little Valentine....



I LOVE shutterfly!!  They have the most awesome products and once you start using them, they send you great coupons and offer codes!! 

And then we added some red heart balloons.....and some bubbles......


The super cool thing....you can get those red heart balloons for $0.69 per balloon if you buy a dozen at Party City!!  $0.69......and you kidding me.....what a great price!!  And the bubbles were actually left over from her birthday party.....so those were "free"......oh yeah.....Momma likes free!!

And....seeing all those little balloons, bubbles, and cards lined up in the hallway waiting for the kids to discover them.....I just felt giddy :)

Unfortunately, I didn't get to stay to see the kids faces....my little Valentine was sick today.....so I had to hurry home after I dropped them off......

I hope they loved them as much as we did :)

SO.....what are you guys doing for Valentines Day?  Any big plans?  Are there any other "non-celebrators" out there?  Are any of you making special treats for your kids classes or are you sticking to the traditional Valentine cards?

I hope you all have an AWESOME Valentines Day.....filled with LOTS of love!

Until next time.....

XOXO-
Kristal

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...