Monday, January 16, 2012

Mealtime Monday.....Pinterest Inspired Slow Cooker Meals

Hello friends!!  It's Monday again....crazy how those weekends fly right on by....and then.....here we are again.....back to Monday......

I can't complain at all though....I used to have to get up at 5-5:30 every day to go to work....and some days earlier than that.....and now.....I'm home with my little girl.....so we can get up when she wants too.....which is normally 8am or later......yep.....life is sweet :)

BUT....one area where life could be better is our eating / health habits.....I've told you guys before about how we have a serious eating out addiction.....it is SO bad.....money wise.....and health wise......so it's something that we've been trying to work on for a while.....

And we are doing some better.....at least now eating out is not a forgone conclusion.....we are eating at home some.....

And this week we are going to try and eat at home every night for dinner.....we'll see how it goes.....

SO....to set us up for success.....I planned out our menu last night.....and I tried to keep it simple.....and today I went and shopped for everything that I need for the recipes.....

SO....I got all of my inspiration this week by looking back through my Pinterest "Food" folder.....and I focused on the recipes that can be made in the slow cooker.....b/c.....as you know....I'm having a bit of a love fest with my crock pot right now :)

So.....here's what I'm cooking this week.....

Garlic Chicken (minus the polenta, but plus some wheat pasta):




Tuesday:  Cilantro Lime Chicken, served over brown rice



Wednesday:  Cafe Rio Chicken, served over brown rice



Thursday:  Brown Sugar Balsamic Glazed Pork Tenderloin, served with veggies



Friday:  Toscas Tilapia, served with veggies



Saturday:  Balsamic Chicken, served over wheat pasta



Sunday:  Honey Garlic Chicken, served over brown rice




I think this is going to be a YUMMY week!!  And I think a pretty healthy week too (with maybe the exception of the Brown Sugar Glazed Pork Tenderloin....it just sounded too good to pass up)!!  I'll use boneless skinless chicken breast in the recipes to make them healthier....

SO.....is anyone game to cook some or all of these for your family this week?  I'd love to compare notes!!

I'll definitely keep track of what we think about each recipe, so I can let you guys know....

Until next time....

XOXO-
Kristal

P.S. Does everyone know about Pinterest?  If not....let me know that too....I would love to introduce you guys :)  It's AWESOME!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...